OBJS Technical Reports & Publications
Selected Recent Papers and Technical Reports -- also see OBJS bios
- Agent Glossary, Craig Thompson et. al. for OMG Agent Technology Green Paper, see Agent WG homepage
- Agents for the Masses, Thompson, Bannon, Pazandak, and Vasudevan, invited paper, Agent 99 Workshop on Agent-Based High Performance Computing: Problem Solving Applications And Practical Deployment, Seattle, May 1 1999.
- Agility contract Technical Notes
- Agility Project Summary, Craig Thompson
- Strawman Agent Reference Architecture, Craig Thompson
- Best of Class Agent System Features, Paul Pazandak
- Agent System Comparison, Paul Pazandak
- Summary of Hadas, Sodabot, Software Dock, and VisitorBot, Venu Vasudevan
- Comparison of ACLs, Venu Vasudevan
- HLA and ACL, Mark Palmer
- Information Access Services, Craig Thompson
- Ontologies (and service trading), Venu Vasudevan
- Agent Standards, Frank Manola
- Jini Overview, Paul Pazandak
- Agent Bibliography, Gil Hansen
- Providing Systemic Properties (Ilities) and Quality of Service in Component-Based Systems, Frank Manola
- Flexible Common Schema Study, Frank Manola
- Survivability in Object Services Architectures (OSAs), DARPA contract, PI: David Wells, May 1999
- Intermediary Architecture. Craig Thompson et al, ACM Computing Surveys, Special Issue on Intelligent Collaboration and Visualization, March 1999.
- WebTrader: Discovery and Programmed Access to Web-Based Services, Venu Vasudevan and Tom Bannon, accepted for poster session at The Eighth International World Wide Web Conference, Toronto, Canada, on May 11-14, 1999. Short versions: WebTrader and WebTrader,
- The Interceptor Architecture: A Scalable Java-based Architecture to Dynamically Extend Web Applications and Support Web Objects, Paul Pazandak.
- On Web Annotation: Promises and Pitfalls of Web Infrastructure. Venu Vasudevan and Mark Palmer, 32nd Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences, January 1999.
- Everything is Alive, Craig Thompson, January 1999.
- Technologies for a Web Object Model. Frank Manola, to appear as lead article in the Special Issue on Web Object Models, IEEE Internet Computing, Jan/Feb 1999.
- Scaling Object Services Architectures to the Internet, Final Report. DARPA contract, PI: Craig Thompson, September, 1998.
- Intermediary Architecture. Craig Thompson September, 1998.
- Intermediary Architecture Interceptor. Paul Pazandak, September, 1998.
- Web Object Model. Frank Manola, September, 1998.
- Annotation Service. Venu Vasudevan and Mark Palmer, September, 1998.
- Personal Network Performance Monitor Service. Gil Hansen, September, 1998.
- NLI Query Interface. Gli Hansen, September, 1998.
- Trader Service. Venu Vasudevan and Tom Bannon, September, 1998.
- WebTrader, Tom Bannon, September, 1998
- Augmenting OMG Traders to handle Service Composition. Venu Vasudevan, September 1998
- Some Web Object Model Construction Technologies. Frank Manola, September, 1998.
- Towards a Richer Web Object Model. Frank Manola, SIGMOD Record, Volume 27, Number 1, March 1998
- Towards a Web Object Model. Frank Manola, January 1998.
- OMG-DARPA Workshop on Compositional Architectures. Craig Thompson (co-organizer). Monterey, January 6-8, 1998.
- OMG OMA NG: Towards the Next Generation OMG Object Management Architecture. Presented at OMG. Craig Thompson (co-author). October, 1997.
- Evaluating Object Database Management System Functionality to Support Multimedia. Paul Pazandak. IEEE Multimedia Journal Special Issue on Multimedia Database Management Systems. Fall 1997.
- Web Programming Languages. Steve Ford, David Wells, and Nancy Wells. WebApps Magazine. Vol. 1, No. 1, January/February 1997. Cover story.
- Satellite Network Management. Venu Vasudevan. 5th International Conference On Telecommunications. January 1997. Won Best Paper Award at Object World.
- Internet Tools Survey, David Wells, Craig Thompson, 1996-1997
- Visions: Application and Technology Drivers, Craig Thompson, Frank Manola, January 1997
- Virtual Office
- Virtual Office White Paper, Craig Thompson, Shaun Joseph, January 1997
- Enabling Technology for Virtual Office Applications, Frank Manola, January 1997
- Electronic Support for Collaboration & Decision Making in OBJS, David Wells, Dec 1996
- Initial Use of COTS Tools in the OBJS Virtual Office, Frank Manola, May 1997
- Virtual Office Scenarios, Frank Manola, January 1997
- Objects and the Internet
- Componentware Glossary, Craig Thompson, Frank Manola, January 1997
- Internet Engineering Task Force Overview, Craig Thompson, April 1996
- Object Management Group Overview, Craig Thompson, April 1996
- Object Models, Craig Thompson, April 1996
- Requirements for OO + Web Integration, Craig Thompson, January 1997
- Current Web Architecture, Craig Thompson, Gil Hansen, January 1997
- Web Programming Languages, Steve Ford, David Wells, Nancy Wells, January 1997
- Web + Object Integration, Gil Hansen, Craig Thompson, January 1997 (draft)
- Web + DBMS Integration, Craig Thompson, Paul Pazandak, January 1997
- Semantic File Systems, Paul Pazandak, Venu Vesudevan, January 1997
- Wrappers, David Wells, April 1996
- Quality of Service, Gil Hansen, January 1997
- Managing and Using Information
- Hypermedia Systems and WWW Browsers, David Wells, April 1996
- HTML Authoring Tools, David Wells, April 1996
- Searching and Indexing, David Wells, Ansu Kurien, April 1996
- Groupware & Collaboration Support, David Wells, Ansu Kurien, April 1996
- Video Conferencing, Steve Ford, April 1996
- Application Integration Architectures Workshop. Craig Thompson, Bob Hodges (organizers). 1993.
- A Model for University-Industry Collaborative R&D. Gil Hansen, William Wulf. In conference notebook: IFIP Working Conference on Diffusion, Transfer and Implementation of Information Technology, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, October 10-13, 1993.
- Architecture of an Open Object-Oriented Database Management System. David Wells, Jose Blakeley, Craig Thompson. IEEE Computer, October, 1992.
- Fido: a Cache that Learns to Fetch. Mark Palmer and Stanley Zdonik. Proceedings of 6th Very Large Databases Conference, Barcelona, Spain, September 1992.
- Object Services Architecture. Craig Thompson (co-author and editor). Object Services Task Force, Object Management Group, 1992.
- OMG Agent Working Group, Craig Thompson (Co-chair), 1998-present
- OMG Internet Special Interest Group, Craig Thompson (Co-chair), 1995-present
- ISIG Mission Statement, Craig Thompson, 1995
- Minutes of ISIG Meetings - also includes minutes of ISIG Working Groups: Agents, Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Web/OMA Integration Architectures, and Object Tranfer and Manipulation
- Final Recommendations to OMG from ISIG related to Internet Service Architecture RFI, Craig Thompson, March 1997
- Response from OBJS to the OMG Internet Services Architecture RFI, Craig Thompson, October 1996
- OMG Internet Services Architecture Request For Information, Craig Thompson, May 1996
- NCITS H7 (formerly X3H7) Object Model Features Matrix, Frank Manola (Editor), June 1997.
- Covers: OODBTG Reference Model, OMG Core Object Model, OMG CORBA IDL, ODMG, EXPRESS, Open Distributed Processing (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21/WG7), Management Information Model (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21/WG4), SQL3 (H2), Matisse, C++ (J16), OO COBOL (J4), Smalltalk (J20), Eiffel, Emerald, Cecil, SELF, System Object Model (SOM), OLE Component Object Model, Analysis and Design Methods
Last updated December 14, 1999. Back to OBJS